Click here to view the listing and apply online.
Haymarket Media is seeking a creative and energetic Clinical Strategist to inform the daily production of content published on the clinical websites in our medical division that serve healthcare providers practicing in various medical specialties (cardiology, dermatology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, infectious disease, neurology, psychiatry, pulmonology, and rheumatology).
The Clinical Strategist is responsible for providing clinical insight to guide business imperatives. The Clinical Strategist will inform the identification and development of clinical content across all medical brands, including daily news articles, feature content, and conference coverage. He/she is responsible for recruiting clinician authors for special projects and contribute to their execution. He/she will be key to establishing and maintaining relationships with experts, academic institutions, and hospital systems.
The Clinical Strategist will collaborate with other team members to identify potential sales opportunities and will inform sales direction. He/she will inform potential advertising opportunities and actively participate in new business development. Occasional travel to professional medical conferences will be necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide insight into clinician practice habits and information gaps/needs
• Inform editorial team on topics most relevant to clinician audience
• Contribute to the development, management, and execution of editorial content
• Identify, recruit and maintain relationships with medical professionals who serve as contributors, bloggers, thought leaders, and advisory board members
• Serve as 'functional expert' for sales and assist with closing sales opportunities
• Domestic and some international travel could be required
• Clinical degree (MD, DO, RN, NP, PA, PsyD, PharmD) required
• Minimum 3 years’ related work experience in medical communications, medical publishing, or medical education (identifying content for a clinical audience, managing an editorial team) with staff management experience preferred
• Knowledge of internet technologies and previous online experience preferred
• Excellent reading comprehension, listening and analytical skills, oral and written communication skills, and familiarity with AMA style preferred
• A successful record of handling multiple simultaneous projects and deadlines
• Experience as a strong team player who can work cross-functionally within an organization and follow through on all assigned tasks
About the Haymarket Medical Network:
The Haymarket Medical Network reaches healthcare practitioners through a multichannel environment that includes more than a dozen unique brands offered across multiple formats (web, app, print, live event). The network benefits from its interconnectivity, allowing users to move from brand to brand to discover the relevant content they need to make practice-related decisions.
The network features an expanding portfolio of websites and apps that deliver news and feature content for all healthcare practitioners targeting a specific therapeutic area (cardiology, dermatology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, infectious diseases, nephrology, neurology, oncology, pain, psychiatry, pulmonology, rheumatology, and urology) and primary care content delivered to a particular audience (physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and nurses).
About Haymarket Media:
Haymarket has its heart and soul in publishing and media. Since the company was founded half a century ago, Haymarket has always prided itself on being a highly creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of the products and the people. The philosophy has always been quite simple: only by having the highest quality individuals can you produce the highest quality products, combining the best in content, design, production and customer services. Globalization is opening up the world further and provides many opportunities for growth. Haymarket has offices around the world and many of the titles are now truly global brands. Haymarket serves a broad spread of business markets, from marketing to medicine to technology along with exhibitions and live events. Predicting the shape of the business in 3, 5, or 10 years is almost impossible; and the unpredictability is part of the appeal. Haymarket aims to be the perfect company to work with or for – we have the processes and attitude that ensure quality and consistency, and an entrepreneurial spirit that makes every day rewarding.
An equal opportunity employer, Haymarket Media does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected category recognized by state, federal, or local laws.
Click here to view the listing and apply online.