Haymarket Media, Inc. is seeking a Scientific Director, Medical Education Grants and Programs to join the Haymarket Medical Education team. This position is located in our Paramus, NJ office.
As a critical member of Haymarket Medical Education’s Medical Affairs team, the Scientific Director, Medical Education Grants and Programs, is responsible for leading the development, writing, and editing of clinical and scientific content for grant proposals for independent continuing medical education (CME) within a spectrum of therapeutic disciplines and for the production of clinical education content for CME activities targeted to a range of healthcare professionals. The individual in this role will be responsible for ensuring that the clinical and scientific content within grant proposals and education materials is clinically and scientifically accurate, relevant, and evidence-based, through applying clinical expertise; rigorous and methodologically sound research of peer-reviewed literature and scientific and clinical publications; and sound learning principles for education aimed at healthcare professionals. The Scientific Director, Medical Education Grants and Programs, will serve as the lead for clinical content planning, design, development, and review, within a team of Medical Affairs writers and editors.
· Identify, acquire and summarize key clinical information from peer-reviewed clinical and scientific sources for the development of descriptions of unmet clinical needs, mechanisms of disease, and therapeutic agents associated with specific disease areas
· Write/edit clinical and scientific content for grant proposals and medical education programs
· Serve as Medical Affairs liaison with expert faculty for the development of clinical and scientific education content
· Plan and edit faculty-provided clinical education content for live meetings and presentations
· Identify faculty thought leaders and manage clinical expert contributions for proposals and medical education programs
· Serve as lead within the Medical Affairs writer and editor team to ensure clinical content within program deliverables is delivered in a timely manner and is developed with high quality and in accordance with relevant standards of certified education
· Collaborate with internal teams (Business Development, Program Managers) to develop proposals and education programs
· Develop and/or review needs assessment surveys and evaluation questions for certified activities to ensure clinical accuracy and relevance
· This position’s responsibilities may involve the management of Medical Affairs staff members.
Skills and Requirements:
· At least 2 years’ medical education design or development experience
· PhD or clinical or professional degree related to the health sciences, such as in medicine, pharmacy, or nursing
· Familiarity with educational design processes in CME, including needs assessment development utilizing multiple data sources, educational/performance gap identification, development of learning objectives, and education design
· Demonstrated skills in staff management, team leadership and collaboration
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize responsibilities, and work under tight timelines
· Ability to oversee multiple projects of different types
· Detail-oriented work ethic with strong verbal and written communication skills
Haymarket has its heart and soul in publishing and media. Since the company was founded half a century ago, Haymarket has always prided itself on being a highly creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of the products and the people. The philosophy has always been quite simple: only by having the highest quality individuals can you produce the highest quality products, combining the best in content, design, production and customer services. Globalization is opening up the world further and provides many opportunities for growth. Haymarket has offices around the world and many of the titles are now truly global brands. Haymarket serves a broad spread of business markets, from marketing to medicine to technology along with exhibitions and live events. Predicting the shape of the business in 3, 5, or 10 years is almost impossible; and the unpredictability is part of the appeal. Haymarket aims to be the perfect company to work with or for – we have the processes and attitude that ensure quality and consistency, and an entrepreneurial spirit that makes every day rewarding.
An equal opportunity employer, Haymarket Media does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected category recognized by state, federal, or local laws.