Associate Medical Editor (Remote)
Exciting opportunity to work with a growing company! Talem Health is a medical education company that develops and delivers high-quality, accredited continuing medical education (CME/CE) to healthcare professionals.
The Associate Medical Editor is an integral part of the cross-functional Editorial Team. He/she will work closely with the Managing Editor, Vice President of Scientific Affairs, and wider team to ensure that all materials for educational programs and other projects meet high standards of quality and accuracy.
· Copy edit and proofread educational materials for healthcare professionals, including (but not limited to) PowerPoint slides, CME/CE activity components, scientific posters, monographs, abstracts, reference lists, and grant proposals
· Ensure the accuracy and validity of content by fact checking content and verifying reference citations; obtain peer-reviewed references from scientific databases as needed
· Identify when copyright permissions are needed, and obtain and track such permissions
· Edit marketing materials such as emails, website/registration pages, and promotional flyers and ensure verbiage complies with Joint Accreditation policies
· Provide support for virtual live webinars and on-site CME events/programs
· Assist with maintaining the company’s internal style guide, based on the AMA Manual of Style
· Assist with handling the timely and accurate input and maintenance of CME/CE accreditation documents and program files
· Create CME/CE certificate templates
· Complete additional special projects as assigned
Skills and Requirements
· Work experience with a focus on scientific/medical editing; prior CME experience is a plus
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in English or a related field
· Excellent command of the written English language, including all aspects of style, grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and spelling
· Familiarity with scientific and medical terminology, abbreviations, and AMA style guide
· Keen attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to multi-task and balance several deadlines/production deliverables simultaneously
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment; good organizational and prioritizing skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
· Familiarity with scientific literature search engines (eg, PubMed) and reference management databases (eg, EndNote)
· Occasional travel is required
How to ApplyTo be considered for this position, please send a copy of your resume or CV (required) and cover letter (optional) to Traci DeVito, Managing Editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.