PRIME is a leader in continuing medical education and research. We provide accurate, quality-driven, unbiased CME education to our customers. Our mission is to advance the science of learning and behavior change among providers, patients, payers, and health ecosystems in order to improve competency, performance, and quality health outcomes. The scalable and sustainable research and education that PRIME delivers has measurably improved patient care for over 28 years.
Prime Education, a property of Everyday Health Group, is looking for an Associate Director, Scientific Affairs. The Associate Director is a professional in the Scientific Affairs team with a high level of independence, who utilizes their combined skills as a scientific medical writer, educational design innovator, and grant development specialist to conduct a turnkey process that includes educational grant development followed by content development for awarded grants. You will engage in investigative and analytical skills and cultivate relationships with expert faculty to identify and establish ongoing opportunities for grant development to achieve the company’s goals. The Associate Director is responsible to complete quality scientific and medical writing as assigned by the Executive Director, Scientific Affairs and maintain oversight of project deliverables. You will conduct literature reviews of clinical trials, peer-reviewed articles, clinical guidelines and other medical/scientific data sources to develop needs assessments and grant proposals, accurate content, and identify compelling educational designs, including program titles, learning objectives, agendas, and formats. You will also contribute to identification of publishing opportunities, develop abstracts for scientific posters and podium presentations at leading medical meetings, and journal articles for peer-reviewed publications to showcase the results of the company’s educational and research initiatives. The Associate Director, Scientific Affairs is a self-starter with extensive experience in independently designing and developing continuing education activities and research-informed initiatives for the interprofessional healthcare team and relies on their extensive experience and judgment to accomplish goals. The Associate Director will act as an adult learning expert to assist PRIME® in fulfilling its responsibilities in grant development, program design, development, and evaluation. In this role, the Associate Director collaborates with other colleagues, departments and stakeholders as part of PRIME®’s commitment to flawless execution of its educational products and services. The Associate Director reports directly to the Executive Director, Scientific Affairs and is responsible to liaise with the department members in a team environment.
· Develop high-caliber medical and scientific content with the highest standards of editorial excellence adhering to standards of adult learning principles and interprofessional education
· Contribute to grant planning and development, encompassing educational designs, formats, and execution plans, to meet department goals and address unmet educational and research needs to assist in strategic planning for future activities
· Establish and maintain relationships among key leaders in health care, among various practice settings, in order to collect expert opinion and insights into educational program needs and grant development opportunities
· Contribute to the outcomes measurement of high-impact educational programs, including measurement planning, survey instrument development, program analyses, and communication of outcomes findings with external stakeholders
· Develop and contribute to scientific articles, abstracts, and outcomes-based presentations and publications to exemplify the services and products of the company
· Communicate effectively to ensure workflow is smooth and carry out opportunities, needs, ideas, and timelines to meet the company’s and department’s goals for continued growth and success
· Proactively identify and resolve issues pertaining to instructional design components in the development of content, with recommendations provided to the Executive Director, Scientific Affairs in a timely manner
· Review content developed by other medical writers and freelancers, and provide guidance and/or revisions to ensure clinical relevance and accuracy
· Participate in decisions pertaining to PRIME®’s model of learning and implementation procedures to execute the model of learning
· Participate in regularly scheduled meetings of the Scientific Affairs Department, including grant and content planning meetings
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Minimal Master’s degree (PhD degree preferred) in a scientific and communications or related field commensurate with the scope of work identified in this job description and current knowledge of the healthcare industry
· Prefer minimum of 4 years of experience in designing and developing continuing medical education (CME/CE) activities for healthcare professionals
· Prefer experience in developing CME/CE activities supported by pharmaceutical companies and government contracts or grants
· Prefer experience in training, project management and/or staff supervision in a team-based office environment
· Excellent ability to work independently and autonomously, and multi-task multiple high-level responsibilities and projects with accuracy and efficiency
· Ability to independently research, design, and develop high-quality scientific grant and medical writing commensurate with the desired “Position Duties”
· Ability to independently complete literature review and review/analyze scientific/medical research in order to apply accurate concepts to product development
· Analytical and didactic ability to independently complete medical writing in accordance with AMA criteria and grant development procedures
· Ability to organize and convey educational designs and deliverables efficiently, fluently, and accurately
· Proficiency in analytical thinking and an ability to convey complex data results in a clear and concise manner
· Ability to gather data from verifiable sources for grant development
· Possess creative and visionary skills to identify and execute innovative educational program designs and formats
· Current knowledge of the healthcare industry, pharmaceutical pipelines, health care industry/policies, and CE industry
· Experience in developing content in any of the following disease areas: oncology, diabetes,
· endocrinology, neurology, rheumatology, cardiology, ophthalmology, dermatology, respiratory, pain management, mental health, women’s health, gastroenterology, hepatology, infectious diseases, or immune mediated inflammatory diseases
· Excellent English language skills, both written and verbal
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Endnote or any other reference manager applications
Our Culture and Values
We love collaboration, always desire to understand the business problem we’re solving, push decisions down as low as possible, and want to further our culture of innovation and experimentation. We created our values together, to embody both our audience goals and our workplace aspirations: to promote diversity and create opportunities; to be authentic; to enable wellness; to ignite passion and reimagine possibilities; to be results driven with a bias toward action; and to inspire connectedness.
About Everyday Health
At Everyday Health Group, a division of Ziff Davis, Inc., we work in a culture of collaboration and welcome those who desire to join our growing global community. We believe in careers versus jobs and people versus employees. We seek enthusiastic individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that rewards your best work.
Everyday Health offers competitive salaries in addition to robust health and wellness focused benefits including medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits; Flexible Spending accounts, 401(k) with company match, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Pregnancy and Parental leave,
Family Planning Support via Maven, Flexible Time Off, Volunteer Time Off, Fitness Reimbursement as well as employee-focused engagement and education programs, including Employee Resource Groups and company-sponsored events. If you’re seeking a dynamic work environment where you can see the direct impact of your performance, then Everyday Health is the place for you.
Everyday Health Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees.