Click here to view the listing and apply online
The Medical Education Program Coordinator (MEPC) will provide day-to-day program and administrative support to the Continuing Medical Education (CME) Program and the Medical Education (ME) Program within the Medical Education Department, including Learning Management System (LMS) administration. The MEPC would be responsible for independently managing specific components of the Mid-Atlantic Permanente Medical Group’s (MAPMG) CME program as an accredited provider to deliver high quality, evidence-based education that is designed to change physician competence, performance, and/or patient outcomes, to all 1800+ physicians in the Mid-Atlantic region through 300+ activities and 500+ hours of CME annually. The MEPC will also work with the ME Program Manager (MEPM) to ensure the success of the Medical Education programs, which oversee clerkships and rotations for 140+ learners (Medical Students, Residents, and Fellows) annually in the Mid-Atlantic Region. The MEPC would provide day-to-day program support to the CME Program Manager (CMEPM) and ME Program Manager (MEPM) to include supporting the Professional Development and Wellness (PDW) LMS Administrator and the LMS system use by the Medical Education Department, as well as collecting, reviewing, editing, documenting, and organizing activity information, managing activity/program communications, coordinating logistics for rotations and other program activities, and working closely with the CME PM to ensure the compliance and continued success of our accredited program.
Qualified candidates must have excellent communication skills, be able to work both independently and as part of a team to manage assigned activities, tasks, and be accountable for ensuring required deadlines and deliverables are met.
- Work directly with the CMEPM, activity planner(s), faculty/speakers and other stakeholders on all aspects of CME activity coordination process once CME application has been approved (collect, review, update and edit accordingly all required CME documentation for assigned activities to include announcements, disclosures, presentations/handouts, and any other pertinent documentation)
- Manage small Regularly Scheduled Series (RSS) activities including journal clubs and department level meetings (collect and review all required CME documentation to ensure evidence-based content and alignment with MAPMG guidelines and workflows, share CME evaluation summaries and any feedback for follow up directly with planner(s))
- Responsible for primary LMS administration for the Medical Education Department, to include processing training and evaluation enrollments, and user account creation for external participants
- Support CME website administration (HTML) as required
- Provide webinar production support for all lunchtime CME
- Maintain records and databases for the ME and CME Programs as needed, including compliance documentation, evaluations, CME activity records, and other information through LMS
- Learn and support accreditation processes to maintain program compliance with CME accreditation requirements (MedChi and ACCME), ACGME and LCME requirements, and other requirements as needed
- Request, collect, and organize documentation from external learners, physician faculty, and other stakeholders, including compliance documentation, faculty appointment materials, and other information as directed
- Work with the MEPM, physician faculty, and other stakeholders to schedule, develop and structure clinical rotations in line with program curricula
- Work with the CMEPM and MEPM to develop program materials including presentations, handouts, program reports, and other educational materials as needed
- Provide logistical support for program events including program meetings, faculty sessions, internet live trainings, student exams, and other activities
- Coordinate the procurement and maintenance of badges, accounts, devices, and other resources as needed.
- Serve as backup point of contact for the CMEPM, MEPM, and PDW LMS Administrator
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Business, Communication or health-related field is required
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant industry work experience in healthcare, training/education, credentialing, or compliance program management is required
- Previous LMS administration is required; SumTotal experience is a plus
- Proficiency with all MS Office Suite applications, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, and other web-based applications
- Ability to manage/manipulate large amounts of data such as, pivot tables, macros, formulas is required
- Excellent customer service and oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate well with external partners
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; attention to detail and dependability a must
- Ability to use sound judgment and problem solve; strong analytical and critical thinking skills required
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to travel to Kaiser Permanente sites in the Mid-Atlantic region on an infrequent, on an as-needed basis
- Experience with CME accreditation requirements (MedChi/ACCME preferred)
- Familiarity with principles of adult learning
- Experience working with gap analysis and needs assessment
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
We value our diversity and E/O/E M/F/D/V.
Click here to view the listing and apply online