Medical Program Manager
The Medical Program Manager is responsible for developing written materials across a range of therapeutic topics in order to communicate the need for education for physicians and the entire healthcare team. In addition to this function, the Medical Program Manager is accountable for instructional design, content development, identifying and working with faculty, identifying potential educational partners or vendors for program execution or reach, and execution of the educational activity within defined timelines. The Medical Program Manager is required to be current on the latest evidence and emerging therapies in their assigned therapeutic areas, develop and update landscape documents in these areas, and provide suggestions for proposals, formats, instructional design and faculty.
- Identifies gaps that can be addressed through education related to improving knowledge and practice for clinicians and other healthcare providers.
- Writes, reviews, and edits medical education content in a variety of formats. Meets key performance indicators related to development of needs assessments and best-in-class content.
- Reads medical literature, remains aware of late-breaking news/publications, and routinely observes competitive educational activities to ensure expertise in therapeutic areas and alignment.
- Develops content, graphics or gives graphic direction to Medical Editor and Design team to effectively communicate the educational objectives in alignment with the proposed activity.
- Determines instructional design and positioning of written, video, and digital hub assets.
- Creates pre- and post-activity outcomes questions aligned to the learning objectives.
- Maintains consistency of style, content, and format of documents.
- Performs scientific accuracy review of all content.
- Reviews and edits documents and processes for quality and accuracy with a goal of creating scientifically rigorous content that is error-free.
- Researches, synthesizes, and assesses integrity of scientific and market material.
- Provides suggestions for content, format, slides, etc. based on latest evidence.
- Identifies experts in the field of study, interacts and collaborates as necessary for the development of educational materials and future activities.
- Reviews work from MRG colleagues as needed to verify scientific accuracy and positioning of content.
- Keeps abreast of changes in assigned therapeutic areas through reading, conducting periodic literature reviews, and monitoring current market activity.
- Understands CMEO formats and proactively suggests topics, faculty and formats for weekly proposal huddles including a thorough needs assessment which incorporates adult learning principles, faculty suggestions, rationale for formats, learning objectives and outcomes measurement.
- Understands CMEO style and follows the CMEO style guide when naming documents, ppt files, NAs, etc.
- Reviews all SOPs and follows internal procedures for post-tests, needs documents, proposals, etc.
- Works efficiently to deliver projects on time per MRG timelines.
- Performs additional tasks and provides input/feedback to contribute to overall project success, i.e. help identify target audience, suggest ways to increase reach, etc.
- Participates in kick-off call with Project Management Group to set initial timelines and is responsible for review, approval and update of all tasks in the timeline related to MRG
- Participates in development of activity from proposal to completion and is responsible for coordination of content for faculty.
- Collaborates with other departments to meet timelines and project completion.
- Initiates and maintains relationships with program faculty in areas of expertise to ensure educational alignment and identify additional educational opportunities
- Collaborates with faculty for content changes and updates to all content during development and while it is hosted on the CMEO website.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, EndNote and PubMed.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience:
Master’s degree or above in science, writing or related field required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
3+ years of experience in medical writing, medical education or scientific communication required.
Resumes should be submitted to https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=794988c0-146f-42c4-9093-de1f7cf6be16&ccId=19000101_000001&lang=en_US
View PDF listing