Director, Medical Education Program Development
The Director, Medical Education Program Development will generate new medical education funding opportunities for Pri-Med by building relationships with current and future clients. As a member of the Education (EDU) Sales team, this person will be assigned a specific territory and target revenues reflecting past, current and future potential business.
- Develop business relationships with current and prospective pharmaceutical and medical device clients to generate new medical education funding opportunities for the organization.
- Conduct ongoing outreach to existing and prospective supporters, including conference calls and in-person presentations (when permitted).
- Continually assess revenue potential of territory through analysis of the overall market, supporters’ corporate goals, pipeline outlook and general industry intelligence in order to provide accurate sales forecast.
- Keep abreast of supporter news, market conditions, competitive activities, educational and technological trends through research, industry and medical conferences, literature reviews and other sources.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop Pri-Med Institute (PMI) medical educational grant proposals for current and prospective supporters.
- Collaborate with EDU team members to continually improve upon Pri-Med EDU collateral, such as monthly newsletters, activity formats, case studies, and presentations.
- Collaborate with external stakeholders, such as medical education companies (Educational Partners), societies, associations, and advocacy groups to identify grant opportunities.
- Provide Senior Management with weekly updates on sales-focused activities including lead generation, competitive intelligence, forecast adjustments, challenges and needs.
- Maintain accurate and current pipeline report(s).
- Maintain up-to-date record of current accounts, contacts, and opportunities in CRM.
- Review and deliver interim and final outcomes reports to supporters.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent directly relevant experience required.
- Minimum 5 years overall experience with at least 3 years sales experience selling medical education solutions (preferably CME certified activities) to pharmaceutical and medical device companies.
- Established track record of securing significant industry funding from medical education teams at pharmaceutical and/or medical device companies.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to work well in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to grow existing accounts, as well as identify and build new accounts.
- Knowledge of web-based CME programming and ACCME guidelines is preferred.
- Candidate must be self-starter with the ability to create daily routine, stay organized and travel to supporters when permitted and necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Additional capabilities include demonstrated experience in: customer service, sales goal attainment, closing skills, territory management, prospecting skills, negotiation, presentation skills, and building client relationships
For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter and resume to: PriMedHR@pri-med.com.